Through a non-competitive grant process, your non-profit or school organization can hire Sumkali for your event at little to no cost to your organization.
Here is how it works:
- You must be a registered non-profit organization or school in the State of Michigan to apply.
You must apply within the specified window depending on the date of the event:
Performance Date Application Window December 1, 2019 to February 28, 2020 November 15, 2019 until January 15, 2020 March 1, 2020 to May 31, 2020 February 1, 2020 until April 1, 2020 June 1, 2020 to August 15, 2020 May 1, 2020 until July 1, 2020
- The grants are NON-COMPETITIVE, which means if you apply, you get it. HOWEVER...The money available for grants is on a first come first serve basis, so timing is essential.
- Members of Sumkali can help you in writing the grant. We can provide photos, links, bios, descriptions and anything else you might need.
- The grant will cover up to 40% of performance fees.
Sumkali can donate (in kind) up to 60% of our performance fees.
- *For Sumkali to donate in kind to any group, we first need to talk and work out the fees BEFORE the grant is applied for.
- Contract - Once we agree on the terms of the contract, the grant application can be filled out.
- Promotion - Organizers must promote and tag the Michigan Humanities Council in their promotional efforts. Sumkali will do the same. (This is all about bringing organizations together!)
- Payment must be made at the time of the performance, the Michigan Humanities Council will REIMBURSE the organization shortly after the event is complete and follow up information is submitted.